"I was sure my life was over. I attempted suicide. When that didn't work I decided I would just have to hang around and wait to die. I hoped that would come soon. Now with all the help I received from Dr. Alden, I can truly say life is good!"
What is Health and Wellness Counseling?
The Role of a Health and Wellness Counselor includes:
1. Unlocking an individual's potential to maximize their own performance. It's assisting them to learn rather than teaching them – a facilitation approach.
2. Health and Wellness counseling involves various forms of therapy, including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT). CBT helps the client change any unclear or mistaken ideas and any self-defeating behaviors. CBT also helps the client focus on changing any learned beliefs that can hinder self-improvement and set long and short term goals to achieve a more balanced life.
3. The Counselor facilitates the performance, learning and development of the client.
4. The Client is taught the necessary tools and skills to implement within their own healthier lifestyle.
Health and Wellness Counseling can help individuals:
• Obtain Permanent Weight Loss
• Develop Better Nutrition and Healthy Eating Patterns
• Manage Stress, Anxiety, and Pain
• Manage Chronic Conditions such as Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism, and Crohn's Disease
• Enhance Creativity and Self-Expression
• Learn to Control Anxiety
• Achieve Freedom from Eating Disorders
• Develop Positive Self-esteem
• Control Diabetes